Agility Physiotherapy and Pilates has been offering specialised physiotherapy and pilates for over 20 years. The PINC Cancer Rehabilitation Program provides a full range of services designed to care, support and guide women through every stage of their treatment and recovery.
Your PINC certified Physiotherapist will work with you to create a rehabilitation program to suit your stage of recovery. The session can include; manual physiotherapy, graduated resistance training, individualized clinical pilates, fatigue management and exercise prescription.
These sessions can help you:
- Optimise your physical and functional recovery
- Ease pain and muscular tension
- Regain strength, flexibility and confidence in your body
- Improve your core strength and posture
- Learn exercises to enhance your own recovery after surgery and prevent long term problems
- Increase energy levels and improve your general fitness
- Achieve your own fitness goals with an individualized and safe training program
- Progress into group Pilates classes
The PINC Program is chronologically formatted into four phases. The timing of each phase is dependent upon your physical condition, the length of the healing process, the type of surgery involved, and the courses of adjuvant treatments.
- Pre Op Phase. Designed to prepare you for your upcoming cancer surgery.
- Post Op Phase. Designed to assist in the healing process of clients who are recently post surgery or undergoing treatments. Restore strength and flexibility to particular joints and muscle groups that have become weak and inflexible as a result of surgery.
- Recovery Phase. Designed to help improved energy levels and general well being during cancer treatments. It aims to help clients manage fatigue, restore post op flexibility and strength.
- Fitness Phase. Designed to facilitate overall conditioning and to increase physical stamina. Aims to improve cardiovascular fitness, strength and flexibility to increase endurance, elevate the metabolism, improve muscle tone and body composition.