We are providing Hydrotherapy at 2 hydrotherapy pools in Brisbane.
The Ascot Aquatic Centre, 274 Lancaster Road, Ascot 4007. The hydrotherapy pool is a comfortable 34 degrees and has both steps with hand rails and chair hoist access. The Colmslie Aquatic Centre, 400 Lytton Rd, Morningside is a comfortable 32 degrees and has ramp access and overhead sling hoist access for clients with severe mobility issues.
Our physiotherapists and exercise physiologists can assist you with hands on treatment in water. Exercising in warm water with our university trained therapists combines the soothing weightless effects of the water with the movement facilitation, gentle stretching, mobilizing and light resistance exercises that the therapist can incorporate.
Positive effects of hydrotherapy include:
- More freedom of movement, easier walking due to the support of the water
- Improved circulation and decreased swelling in legs and arms
- Reduced muscle spasm and tightness leading to more relaxation and stress reduction
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Assisted co-ordination
We can assist you with conditions including:
- Back Or Neck Pain
- Pre Hab & Post Surgery Recovery – Especially Joint Replacements And Back Surgery
- Fractures & Trauma
- Sports-Injury Rehabilitation
- Cancer Recovery
- Mobility & Flexibility
- Parkinsons Disease
- Autoimmune Disease Like Fibromyalgia, Polymyalgia, Chronic Fatigue,
- Multiple Sclerosis
Workcover, DVA and EPC referrals welcome.